We’re about to finish the long work of WP-DNSBL v2.0.0 which is a WordPress based plugin that will from this new release support and run with TorneAPIv3. APIv3 has much better documentation of how to use the DNSBL API (here). From this release, the API can also be configured via TorneAUTH v4, which will be located on https://auth.tornevall.net very soon, where API keys can be created automatically. All this together is planned to be a huge facelift (so the forum will hopefully also be updated in the same time and work as an extra support for the portal visitors).
Finishing this plugin has been very welcome by both me and other visitors, that during a long period have had a lot of problems with delisting themselves from the blacklist. For the moment, much of this is handled manually when the standard dnsbl site does not coorporate with us.
- One big update for the new interface is that visitors can do CIDR-lookups (to see their entire network from a blacklist perspective).
- Another update is that it should be more user friendly. Instead of impossible interfaces, there will be a raw, plain POST-form, with captcha support so system admins can run their delisting requests from another computers (where console is not supported)
- The delisting and blacklist views are handled from a wordpress plugin, which means it might not be necessary to use the regular dnsbl server for delistings. By requesting special permissions, other servers might be able to communicate with the remote API too
- The API is documented with more details than APIv2 was. This also means that own implementations of the DNSBL is made easier
- Since we’re using a plugin for this, protecting admins from being banned from their own site is extra important
- All bugs from DNSBLWP v1.x is hopefully fixed and removed
A complete CHANGELOG of what’s been fixed will be released soon. If you can’t wait for a status update you can take a look here. If you feel that something is missing, feel free to join the project and add requests!
When all this is done, there will be a whole new view for what could come next…